INTEGRATION OF SCIENCE AND EDUCATION
The strategic goal of the educational activities of the Institute is high-quality training of young specialists and highly qualified specialists with medical and biological education in immunology, medical genetics and biotechnology, as well as in other related areas, based on the integration of the scientific and pedagogical potential of the departments of the Academy of Sciences of Uzbekistan and organizations partners; conducting fundamental, applied and innovative research, commercialization of their results; development of new programs and methods that develop and integrate basic scientific research and the educational process: the development of methodological support for the educational process; development of international cooperation.
Recently, the Institute organized and held a number of international and republican scientific and practical conferences, with the participation of leading experts from France, Germany, Switzerland, Japan, Russia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan:
- Scientific-practical conference with international participation “Clinical immunology, immunogenetics – interdisciplinary problems”, dedicated to the 25th anniversary of the Institute of Immunology and 2010 – the Year of Harmoniously Developed Generation (October 11-13, 2010);
- International Scientific and Practical Conference “Immunology – Interdisciplinary Problems”, dedicated to 2014 – the Year of a Healthy Child (April 24-26, 2014);
- International Scientific and Practical Conference “Modern Problems of Allergology, Immunology and Genomic Technologies” dedicated to the 30th anniversary of the Institute of Immunology (September 18-19, 2015);
- Scientific-practical conference with international participation “Immunology – interdisciplinary problems” (September 24-26, 2018).
Young specialists are not neglected, for whom the Young Scientists Conferences are held, where they compete among themselves for the level and quality of their work, and the best of them receive special prizes from the conference sponsors, as was the case at the Republican Scientific Practical Young Scientists Conference “Actual issues of immunology, immunogenetics and interdisciplinary problems” dedicated to the 22th anniversary of Independence of the Republic of Uzbekistan (September 25, 2013).
The institute actively interacts with universities of the republic, such as the Tashkent Medical Academy, the Tashkent Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education, the Tashkent Pediatric Medical Institute, and over the past 5 years this interaction tends to strengthen.
In early 2013, an agreement was signed between the Institute of Immunology of the Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Uzbekistan and the Tashkent Institute of Postgraduate Medical Excellence for planning, organizing and conducting retraining courses (primary and general specialization) and direct forms of continuing education (general and thematic improvement) of doctors in specialties “1.04.01 – Allergology and Immunology”, “2.02.07 – Immune prophylaxis of children age”, “1.09.03 – Medical genetics”. Within the framework of this agreement, in 2013, within the walls of the Institute of Immunology, 12 cadets took specialization courses in the specialties “1.04.01 – Allergology and Immunology”, “2.02.07 – Immune prophylaxis of children’s age”, as well as thematic improvement cycles.
Every year since 2009, the staff of the Institute conducted school seminars for educational purposes for medical practitioners, scientists and young professionalson the most topical issues of practical medicine:
- I Republican scientific-practical school-seminar “Secondary immunodeficiencies and HIV // AIDS”, May 2009;
- II Republican Scientific Practical School-Seminar “Modern aspects of immunodiagnostics, immunotherapy and immunoprophylaxis in immunodeficiency states caused by viral hepatitis”, March 2010;
- III Republican Scientific Practical School-Workshop “Immunity and Infections: Modern Aspects of Immunodiagnostics, Immunotherapy and Immunoprophylaxis of Actual Infections”, March 2011;
- IV Republican Scientific Practical School-Seminar “Actual issues of immunology of reproduction and viral infections,” June 2012
- V Republican Scientific and Practical School dedicated to modern aspects of immunization and immunotherapy, March 2013
- VI Republican Scientific Practical School-Seminar “Principles of Immunotherapy”, May 11, 2017
As well as international school-seminars were held, at which leading specialists from Great Britain, Israel, and Russia taught:
- International Scientific and Practical Workshop on “The Genetic Foundations of Pre-eclampsia”, conducted jointly with the University of Nottingham and Royal College (Nottingham, London, UK), September 2012
- International Scientific and Practical Workshop on “Immunogenetic Basis of Atherosclerosis”, held jointly with the Institute of Atherosclerosis (Skolkovo, Russia), October 2012
- International Scientific and Practical Workshop on “Current Problems of Diagnosis and Treatment of HIV Infection”, held jointly with the State Scientific Center of Virology and Biotechnology “Vector” (Novosibirsk, Russian Federation), MP Biomedicals LLC (USA) and IBA Diagnostics (Moscow, Russian Federation) November 2012
- International Scientific and Practical Workshop on “Current Problems of Diagnosis and Treatment of HIV / AIDS and Hepatitis” held jointly with Hadassah University Hospital (Israel). And the National Association for Breast Cancer (Uzbekistan, Tashkent), May 2013